Surprise Him with a Man Cave this Valentine’s Day
No matter how you dress up Valentine’s Day, it is a decidedly female-oriented holiday. This year, why not take the time to show your man how much you appreciate the effort he puts in for you not just on Valentine’s Day, but every day of the year. Give him something practical. Something he wants, but may be too afraid to ask for or unable to give himself. Give your man the gift of a Man Cave…and he will never, ever forget it!
The Man Cave…Defined
Just as women like to come home from work or a stressful day and unwind with their favourite TV show, a good read, and a glass of their favourite wine, men do too. Give your guy a space that’s entirely his, where he can unwind from the pressures of life and work. Tap into his interests and make sure to fill the place with his favourite things. And you’ll fit a lot more of his favourite things in with our Dallas closet organizers!
Dos and Don’ts for Your Man Cave
- Fill it with things he likes.
- Focus on comfort.
- Make it practical, a space that he’ll actually use.
- Think “toys” – whether it’s media, tools, computers, anything! Make sure there’s lot there and that they’re the best.
- Increase storage with a Dallas closet design and finish it off with one of our masculine Lago wood grain finishes!
- Include traditional décor things, such as fancy artwork or frilly throw pillows.
- Make it a shared space – give him a room to himself!
- Veto items that you think are silly or include items that you think he should want. Cater to his likes.
“Bromantic” Ideas for the Man Cave
1. A Workshop Fit for a King
Men are doers and sometimes they like to create things. Why not create a storage haven for his tools with our custom closet organizers? Our cabinetry allows you to interchange the shelves, so you can store everything from the drill press to the drill bits! Store wood stains or paint in our upper cabinets, which can be locked to prevent spilling. Finally, don’t forget to include a workbench in your Dallas closet design – he’ll need space to work on his tasks, afterall.
2. Go Geek Chic!
If your man is into all things geeky – from computer programming, to computer games – why not customize a home office for him? Some great ideas for a custom office space include:
- A desk that is ergonomically customized to suit your man’s build
- Cable management to streamline all the wires from his toys
- Task lighting for when he’s burning the midnight oil
Make sure his computer monitor is up to snuff. If he has a laptop, it can be projected onto a computer monitor, so make it a big one with good graphics. Include an excellent sound system for all of his media devices, comfy chairs and couches, and a big TV set up in one of our Dallas media centers.
3. A Wardrobe as Sophisticated as His Style
If your man likes clothes and has amassed a large collection, why not treat him to a walk in closet with our closet organizers Dallas? Include things such as shoe racks, a dresser drawer hutch, tie racks and pant racks. Not only will he look good, but your home will remain tidy thanks to improved organization.
Give him the royal treatment this Valentine’s Day! Contact a representative at California Closets Dallas to help design a man cave of his dreams.