Overlooked Storage Spaces In Your Home
Clutter happens. And when it does, it often leads to inefficient storage nooks designed without any long term organizational plan. Neat, tidy places soon become overrun with random objects. Then one day, we forget where we’ve put a necessary item, so we waste time tearing the house apart looking for something that will likely never be found.
Part of the reason this happens is because we don’t stop and think about the large, empty, unused storage spaces that currently exist in our home. The first step on the road to a clutter-free life and a home full of practical Dallas storage solutions is to take inventory of the potential storage spaces you already have, but haven’t utilized. Here are some great places to look.
The Attic is More than a Crawlspace
Many people have never ventured into their attics. Talk about wasted potential! Imagine what you could do if all that space was usable? If your home has an attic, it can serve as a major area for your Dallas closet storage. The possibilities here are endless: shelving, storage bins, or wall to wall closets. Ask your design consultant for creative ideas to make the most out of your attic.
A cautionary note: since attics are not insulated, they will typically reflect the outside temperature, rather than the inside temperature. Texas is a hot state, so if some items don’t work well in the heat, it’s best to find them a home in another area of your Dallas storage solutions.
Don’t Let Your Walls Become Wallflowers
Short of large, bulky furniture, there is nothing that can’t be stored on your wall. By incorporating our what-not shelves as a part of your Dallas storage solutions, you can display figurines, books, pictures – you name it.
Perhaps You Aren’t Making the Most of Your Dallas Closet Storage
In many homes, there is no closet left un-stored. And while all of your closets have something in them, are you really getting the most out of them? Here are some ways to store more:
- That big gap between hanging pants and shoes? Why not include a second hanging rod and double your hanging area?
- No shelf in the closet? Why not include some of our adjustable shelving and shelf dividers in order to create a neat, easy to maintain storage area for all of your items?
There’s really no limit to your closet storage.
Transform Your Spare Room Into a Storage Haven!
While not all homes have a spare room, those that do have unlimited possibilities in terms of their Dallas closet storage.
Many people often create an office in their spare room, creating a multi-faceted space. But what about storage? Here are some great ideas:
- Create a classic linen closet with our adjustable shelving units. This will help keep clutter out of your bathroom.
- Turn the closet in your spare room into a seasonal clothing storage area.
- Keep your crafting items neatly tucked away in a scrapbooking corner, complete with custom shelving and storage ideas.
The Laundry Room Just Isn’t for Dirty Clothes
In a laundry room, you can typically find the washer and dryer, some detergent, bleach, and fabric softener. Maybe a sink if you’re lucky. However, your laundry room can provide a plethora of storage… provided you know where to look. Consider adding the follow items to your Dallas laundry room:
- Valet rods for items that need to be hung to dry.
- Mini or maxi bins to separate your darks from lights.
- Drying rack for delicate items.
Your home is full of areas that can be used for storage – let us show you how. Contact an expert at California Closets to get started on your Dallas storage solutions.