How to Turn a Spare Room into a Walk-In Closet
Here at California Closets, we’re all about living a well-organized, luxurious, and spacious life. However, sometimes rooms in your Dallas home just don’t have a purpose. Or, better yet, you’d prefer to dedicate them to yourself and your ever expanding wardrobe.
Which brings us to today’s topic: Turning an under-utilized spare room into Dallas closet storage as a walk-in closet. And we’re not talking about a minor closet renovation, either. Many people confuse a walk-in closet with a room that has a rod along the wall and a shoe rack along the floor. These people are sadly missing the full potential of their Dallas closet storage. However, you don’t have to be one of them. Use our stylish and efficient storage solutions to create a customized Dallas walk-in closet. We’ll show you how.
Basic Items for Your New Dallas Walk-In Closet
Walk-in closets can provide plenty of storage for your wardrobe, shoes, and even accessories. But what items create a strong foundation for a good walk-in closet? Unfortunately, there is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on what your current wardrobe requires. Here are some things to take into consideration:
- Will your walk-in closet have space for, or need, a dresser drawer hutch or a convenient center island? You can use this for things such as a jewelry drawer, storing your intimates, or items of clothing that can be folded.
- Do you need multiple hanging areas? For example, would you need a lower hanging rod for your pants and an upper one for your shirts?
- What are your shelving needs? That will need to be factored in when you take into account hanging areas.
Customize Your Dallas Closet Storage
Now that you have an idea of the basics, how will you make your closet your very own? A well-designed and intelligent Dallas walk-in closet can make your storage area go from a hassle to a haven. Here are some ways to customize your storage based on your unique needs:
- You can customize the finishing colors of your Dallas closet storage so that it blends seamlessly with the rest of your home. Have your design consultant help you find the perfect look that will match your decor.
- Do you love your shoes? Have our shoe racks installed so you’ll never lose another much-loved pair.
- Don’t air your dirty laundry! Store it in our tilt-out hampers instead.
- Our valet rods keep things from getting too cramped.
- If you have a lot of belts, or ties, or scarves, then our belt/tie/scarf racks would be a worthwhile addition to your Dallas walk-in closet. They will keep your accessories secure and organized.
- Need to check your outfit before venturing off to work? Include our pull out full-length mirror for last minute adjustments.
- Include our customizable shelf dividers in your shelving unit so you can keep everything in its place.
- Pull out pant/skirt racks help you store your bottoms properly and allow you to access them conveniently.
With a good foundation and a little customization, you can have the closet you’ve always dreamed of. Contact California Closets Dallas to make your dream of easy storage a reality!