Eliminate Clutter and Boost Your Home’s Resale Value
There comes a day in every homeowner’s life when they must make the decision to sell their home. Usually what precedes putting a house up for sale is a long list of projects that will help increase the value of a home. This can range from a complete overhaul of the landscaping to organizing your Dallas custom closets. Regardless of whether you need to tidy up some loose ends or completely upgrade your closet storage with custom systems, here are some handy ways to boost your home’s resale value.
Is Your Exterior an Inviting One?
Like it or not, the first impression of your home is made from the exterior. If your landscaping looks haphazard and sloppy, it’s not going to entice anyone to step inside. A well-manicured lawn is the first step. Keep the grass mowed and watered. In all areas of your yard, be ruthless when it comes to weed removal. Also, investing in some attractive shrubbery (if you haven’t done so already) will create a huge boost in curb appeal.
Second, perform any maintenance work on the exterior of the home, if needed. Don’t leave siding or roofing repairs for the buyer. Show your home at its best, not while it’s crumbling to pieces.
While you’re at it, why not improve the storage space in your garage by adding custom Dallas garage storage systems?
- Install some cabinets for items such as large tools or chemicals
- Include aluminum tracks and pegboards for easy access to items such as pruning shears
- Put up heavy-duty brackets to hold large items such as bicycles or lawnmowers
It’s an often overlooked area, but organizing your garage as you would your Dallas custom closets can make a lasting impression on the minds of potential buyers.
Is Your Bathroom a Place You Actually Want to Be In?
We’ve all been in a bathroom that’s difficult to manoeuvre in – awkward layouts and a lack of storage can really decrease the value of your home. On the other hand, a bathroom with plentiful custom closet storage and high-end fixtures are often a major selling point. If you want to upgrade your Dallas bathroom, try:
- Replacing faucets and sinks
- Painting the walls
- De-cluttering and installing some custom closet storage solutions to help maintain an organized atmosphere. Ideas include a vanity with an array of drawers or linen cabinets. Both will work wonders.
Are Your Dallas Custom Closets Doing Their Job?
It’s no secret that bigger is almost always better here in Texas. This is especially true when it comes to storage. Spacious master closets, meticulously organized offices, expansive entryways – these are the features buyers want to see when they enter your Dallas home, so why not show them off?
Put your Dallas custom closet systems front and center during an open house or viewing by highlighting custom features, like the following:
- Adjustable shelves and shelf-dividers for increased flexibility
- Cubbies near the entryway for shoes or purses
- Racks for your tie/belt/scarf collection
- Adjustable hanging rods in a child’s room so the storage grows with your child
- LED lighting to highlight your use of effective storage, and show of your killer wardrobe
It’s little touches like these that catch a buyers attention and set your property apart from the crowd. So don’t be shy – show buyers how a custom closet system can improve the livability of a space.
Upgrade the Kitchen
When it comes time to put your home on the market, make sure you stop and take a good, long look at your kitchen. When it comes to adding value to your home, kitchens and bathrooms are the two rooms where you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck. Whether it’s improving the aesthetic (think granite countertop or marble backsplash) or enhancing storage with a custom pantry, your kitchen can always benefit from a little TLC.
The right storage solutions can turn even the most cluttered kitchen into an organized oasis. Here are some great features to consider including in your pantry pick-me-up project:
- Adjustable shelving that adapts to fit all your kitchen widgets, dinnerware and foot items.
- Pull-out wire drawers that make it easy to access everything from root vegetables to dish cloths.
- An integrated wine rack… for those special occasions!
Take full advantage of your Dallas custom closets (and other storage areas) in order to sell your home quickly. Contact a California Closets representative today to learn how.